Join us/Submit work
We’re always looking for people who are creative, hardworking, and willing to take a chance. By joining, you’ll be part of a team that goes above and beyond to imagine, produce, and edit every piece of content so it is the best it can be, a team that’ll work with you to bring out your strengths while building your confidence to share them. With the support of our wonderful staff at your back, you’ll also have access to our resources and opportunities such as internships!
What are you waiting for? Come on in!
Of course, you can always submit work. Since we’re looking for authentic (not necessarily perfect) content, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with our team to make it the best it can be. You can submit your work through the form above or by emailing [email protected]
The Current is a student-run nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering students' interests in journalism, multimedia, communications, and web development. Though a newspaper by name, our aim is to empower students to discover who they are and what they stand for and provide them with real-life opportunities to advocate for the topics they care about. More than that, we’re hoping to inspire a generation of community-oriented student-leaders who are passionate, altruistic, and willing to take a chance.
As partners, we will
- Connect you with students who believe in your organization's mission and are passionate about helping you achieve it
- Add your organization name and logo to our website
- Share and feature content from your organization on our website, social media, and multimedia
- Work with you to address requests specific to your organization
And we hope you will
- Share and feature content from our organization on your website, social media, and multimedia
- Help us expand our reach and find authentic audiences for our writers and multimedia creators
- Collaborate with us on elevating our programs
- Introduce opportunities for our student staff to pursue their passions and interests