This recipe is a very filling dinner or lunch and happens to be one of my favorites! They are called stuffed peppers. One reason I love these so much is because you can add anything to them. My family likes to do these because everyone can customize their own pepper. I like the yellow ones the best but you can use any of the bell peppers. The ingredients below are the things I like to add to mine but feel free to change it for yourself.
You will need...
•As many peppers as you want to make
•Ground vegan beef
•Seasoning (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion salt, paprika, oregano, rosemary and thyme)
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, cook the “beef” in a frying pan with canola oil and season with whatever spices you like. (I add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion salt, paprika, oregano, rosemary and thyme).
- In a separate pot, cook the quinoa. Then, begin to incorporate the corn and cauliflower rice into the pan with the beef. You can add some water or more oil to help soften the rice. Once the quinoa is 90% done, add it to the meat pan. Leave the pan on medium-high heat until everything is cooked all the way.
- Cut the top off the peppers and take the middle out. Add “meat” mixture into peppers and put in the oven for 25 mins. Take out after 25 mins and add vegan cheese.
- Put them back in the oven for another 10 mins